Women Should Get Health Insurance – Gone are the days when women were just confined to their house walls. They have strengthened their roles in all the walks of life. Amid fulfilling their duties at work and house together, they tend to forget that their health is important too.
Women’s health issues can be similar to men, but they have different repercussions on their body. They need some of the best health insurance in India to meet their health concerns in an effective manner. A general health insurance policy from any reputed insurance company such as Star Health Insurance, Oriental insurance, etc. will work for that matter.
To reiterate, women health insurance is a great solution to ease the stress from their overburdened shoulders.
Why Women Should Have an Adequate Health Insurance Policy?
Women Should Get Health Insurance – Engrossed in being an epitome of perfection while playing the role of a wife, mother, daughter, and sister, they forget their health also needs to be taken care off!
Breaking the stereotype, they are growing professionally in all the spheres – be it a doctor, an engineer, a marketing professional or while playing the role of a manager. But despite all of this, their health in sidelined somewhere.
It is important for women to feel secure when it comes to health. With health insurance, they can be sure of getting the best possible treatment for all the diseases. It will provide them with the necessary care- both financially and emotionally at the time of need.
Introduction to Women’s Health
Women Should Get Health Insurance – Studies reveal that women are more vulnerable to health issues in comparison to men. Don’t take it a feminist opinion, as the truth may sound bitter – but women truly juggle with their schedule every day to meet the expectations of people around them. For instance – Take a closer look at any mother’s daily routine or a wife for that matter, the situation is self-explanatory.
Undoubtedly, women’s health concerns also need to be addressed. And for that reason, top health insurance companies have geared up to offer the best health insurance to women in India with their specific insurance plans, catering to their specific health issues.
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development reinstates that women are more prone to health conditions like – Osteoarthritis, heart attacks, STDs, UTIs, and depression.
To assure them to be in pink of their health, we need to shed some light on important health-related aspects which are not only biological but are a result of a sedentary lifestyle, succumbing to stress, and inadequate nutrition.
Why is it Important to Live a Healthy Life?
- As they say, ‘health is wealth’. Anyone who is able to keep up their health will be able to save money and spend it on better things like your child’s education, travel, etc.
- It’s easier to concentrate on professional and personal life with good health conditions
- People with good health conditions stay energetic throughout the day
- They enjoy healthy and satisfying relationships with people around them
- A healthy and stress-free mind leads to a good and healthy life.
Why Women Should Take Health Insurance?
Women Should Get Health Insurance – Succumbing to health issues due to the polluted environment and work-life imbalance is inevitable. Even after maintaining a healthy lifestyle, eating a nutritious diet, following an exercise regime, women remain vulnerable to some of the other ailments. And there are many other things that continue to take a toll on their health.
With the increasing cost of living and medical inflation (which can otherwise lead to financial drain), taking a health insurance policy for women becomes imperative. Fortunately, it’s easier to do a comparison of health insurance plans in India and find the one that is suitable for one’s health and financial needs.
You can check-out different medical insurance plans from top health insurance companies such as HDFC Ergo, Bajaj Allianz, and Star Health Insurance, etc. to meet your health concerns. Women Should Get Health Insurance.
Why Every Woman Should Have Herself Covered With Health Insurance Plan?
Benefits of health insurance include hospitalization cover, emergency medical treatment cover, and accidental cover for self (in an individual health plan) and for family (with family floater plan). Mentioned below are some of the benefits in detail-
- Helps In Meeting Exorbitant Medical Expenses – Paying for a minor or major health treatment can create havoc with anybody’s bank balance. Women, who own financial responsivities of their household, will be able to take care off any medical emergencies arising due to any unforeseen circumstances – provided they have a health insurance policy in hand. This will keep the savings intact, as the insurance provider will reimburse the medical expenses.
- Advanced Medical Facilities – With the help of health insurance, even the middle-class population can give access to advanced medical facilities. By picking the hospital, which falls in the panel of the health insurance policy, any women can give herself the best medical treatment in India.
- Tax Saving Benefits – Apart from health security, a health insurance policy provides tax saving benefits up to Rs, 25000 under section 80D of the Indian Income-tax act, 1961. This includes the amount of yearly premium paid for self, children, spouse, parents, and other dependent members who are covered under the policy.
- Composure – Women, who are already hard-pressed on time – at least during medical emergencies, can save themselves from the trouble of running from pillar to post. The sense of financial security provided by medical insurance offers a great peace of mind.
How Women Can Find The Best Health Insurance In India?
When selecting a health insurance policy for women, below mentioned guidelines will prove to be useful-
- While finding the best health insurance in India for women, consider special health policies which provide maternity benefits to women and the newborn. Those who are planning anytime soon should go for a policy with a minimum waiting period.
- Policies covering breast cancer, cervical cancer, etc. should be taken into consideration. There are various Star Health Insurance Plans that offer coverage to women in an extensive manner, including maternity cover.
- Women can succumb to hormonal problems at an early age, so the sooner the policy is bought, the better. As most of the health insurance policies have a waiting period clause for pre-existing diseases and some may not even cover the diseases which have already been diagnosed.
- Cashless hospitalization is a better option for women, who are looking for a hassle-free claim process. It is available at the network hospitals, which are empaneled under the insurance plan.
- Select an insurance company with a good claim settlement ratio, which can be checked online at the IRDA website
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses should be covered as well.
Healthy Women, Healthy World!!
Women Should Get Health Insurance – Every woman is special and so is their health. If you are also one of those women, who are playing multiple roles in their lives and want a secured future, then you should take time out of busy schedule and consider taking a health insurance cover to meet your medical expenditure. Among all the responsibilities, this is one of the most important ones. Women Should Get Health Insurance.